Friday, June 11, 2010

SO SOON


Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die

It is a sad day today for the Mandela family as they lost they great-grand child. It
certainly saddens a lot of people in Africa right now. And it was sad to here that today as I was watching the World cup with my boyfriend. Especially when those kind of tragedy happens to a kid like her, no child should deserve this. It reminds me of how life can go away, so easily. I also lost my great-grand mother too this year, so today I just wanted to have a thought for all the ones that we lost but are still with use through our memories, and no matter what we feel they are still with us in a certain way. And I thought that this poems reflects this feeling beautifully.

R.I.P. to Zenani Mandela and all the one's we love.

11 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

Touching post. That poem is a good one.

danica said...

i was also very shocked when i heard the news. a very sad way to start the world cup, indeed...

cc said...

rip :(
the poem is really beautiful.

Anna said...

I love shoots of sky and clouds xxx

Anonymous said...

people who have land ', are still alive thanks to remember them every day!
this´s a beautiful poem

Daphne said...

It's really sad. Luckily there are kind people like you who write sweet words about it. The poem is beautiful, so is your blog. I'll be coming back and adding you on bloglovin'. Lots of Love, Daphne

Siru said...

So sad.

juliet xxx

isabelle said...

beautiful post

Bárbara said...

That is so touching !

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Very touching. Found it through the mention on the blog The Souvenirs box.

xoxo Sandra
http://glamirrorous.com

Marinka said...

thanks for the nice comments I appreciate! :)
Have all a wonderful week!